Dreaming Up My Dream House

I have a pretty vivid picture in my head of what my dream house looks like. It’s an old Craftsman-style bungalow that has been lovingly restored and decorated with an eclectic mixture of modern and classic furnishings. While I’ve never seen this house in real life, I know it exists out there somewhere.

Today I thought it would be fun to try and piece together my dream house in pictures by gathering some of the design ideas I’ve collected via Pinterest that capture my personal decorating style. So, here goes:

My Style: Exterior

My Style: Living Area

My Style: Kitchen

My Style: Master Bed & Bath

My Style: Guest Bed & Bath

My Style: Kids' Rooms

My Style: Mudroom

My Style: Backyard

I must say, these pictures are pretty darn close to what my dream house looks in my imagination. Now I just need to hunt it down and make it mine!

What about your dream house? Have you found it, or does it just exist in your head?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No Trackbacks

You can leave a trackback using this URL: http://www.designfinch.com/2011/07/24/dreaming-up-my-dream-house/trackback/

9 Comments

1. AMAZING! Yes, please get this house and then invite me over. :)

Posted July 24, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Permalink
  2. Jason GrovesNo Gravatar

I suppose I’ll live there with you… so long as it’s within a half-mile to a coffee shop, library, hike/bike trails, and grocery store. A golf course or trout stream within 15 miles would be a bonus.

Posted July 24, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Permalink
  3. bethanyNo Gravatar

You didn’t show photos of your “guest quarters.” If Jason gets all of his wants too Adam and I will be frequenting Casa Groves for long weekends. :)

Posted July 24, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Permalink
  4. bethanyNo Gravatar

… If no “guest quarters” then I call top bunk!

Posted July 24, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Permalink
  5. JennetteNo Gravatar

The bunk beds and kids storage areas are great. It’d be perfect for the next house we have built. Where did you find the designs at?

Posted August 10, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Permalink
  6. ShaylaNo Gravatar

@Jennette: You’re right – your boys would LOVE those bunk beds! I found these photos via Pinterest. I’ll send you an invite to join!

Posted August 10, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Permalink
  7. Oh, we’re birds of a feather, we are! :)

My parents built their own home when I was just beginning high school and I would spend hours pouring over blueprint and home decor magazines putting together my dream home room by room based off of various blue prints! Each home had it’s own folder that was filled with the inspiration pics I found for each space.

If only I had Pinterest back then! HA!

Love your collection -
    I’m a big fan of the craftsman style homes as well!

Posted August 31, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Permalink
  8. SunnieNo Gravatar

I’ve never seen anything closer to my dream home. Loving every room!!!

Posted September 16, 2011 at 9:55 am | Permalink
  9. felina delgadoNo Gravatar

This is my dream house. everything about it. sometimes i get a little sad because my dream is just a dream. I have been working it seems forever with employers who think more about their pocket instead of paying their employees enough money to pay their bills so that they can follow their dream. Thank you for allowing me to see my dream.

Posted March 3, 2013 at 10:38 am | Permalink